TRI-CITY UNITED, MONTGOMERY K-8
Thursday, May 25th, 2017 DAY 170
K-6 Rotation Day 5
NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
Flyers will be passed out to grades 7 & 8 and will be available in the high school office. Registration is available online
- There are a few yearbooks in the office, if you would like to purchase one they are $13.00.
- A BIG Thank You to everyone who help support the Autism 5k and C.A.D.E. (Children with Autism Deserve Education). Through "hats on day" (TCU Lonsdale), t-shirt donations and those that walked/ran this past weekend Team Danny was a success. Your efforts are very much appreciated!
- Football camp: There are flyers in the office for coach Helland’s Football Camp for grades 5-8, if you are interested in the camp please come to the office to grab a flyer.
- All K-4 students, please join us in celebrating Red Nose Day next Thursday, May 25th. Red Nose Day is a fun way to come together to make a difference. Every $1 raised goes to support children and young people in the US and some of the poorest communities in the world get food. Bring in $1 to your classroom teacher to receive a Red Nose to wear and change the world on Thursday, May 25th. Please bring your $1 by, Tuesday, May 23rd! Our goal is to have every K-4 student wearing a Red Nose on Thursday!
- Anyone with information regarding a lost/stolen cell phone from the choir concert, please see Mrs. Holicky or Mrs. Dwyer.
- NEY Nature Center: , We have 2017 Summer Camp Guides for the NEY Nature center in Henderson available in the Office and in the Middle School Media Center.
- TCU Community Ed. is offering a Pole Vault Camp for students going into grades 7 - 12.
ACTIVITY BUS SCHEDULE:
3:15pm - 5:30pm Cheer Tryouts
TCU HS Commons
(For 2017-18 Cheerleaders in grades 9-12): Bus (Lons returns 5:45pm) - (pick-up LC MS 2:50pm, returns 5:45pm) - (pick-up MMS 3:10pm)
3:30pm - 5:05pm Golf (7/8) Practice
Montgomery National Golf Course
Bus: (pick-up LC MS 2:50pm, HS 3:05pm, MMS 3:10pm, returns MMS/HS 5:20pm) - (LC MS returns 6:15pm) - (Lons returns 6:15pm)
REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR STUDENTS:
- There are postcards in the office for Jesse James Lanes for free bowling this summer. Stop and grab one if you are interested.
Clothes are not to be provocative, bear profanity, advertise tobacco, drugs or alcohol, display skulls or other death symbols, or cause disruption to the educational process. Clothing which exposes underwear or large portions of the body (including holes and tears in jeans) is offensive to some people and is, therefore, not allowed at TCU. Shorts and skirts should be of a length at the fingertip or beyond, when the student is standing with arms at their sides. Sleeveless tops must have straps, and undergarments must not be showing (including bra straps. Torn jeans and/or shirts are not appropriate attire. Students coming to school inappropriately dressed will be asked to call parents for a change of clothing. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- Reminder on Student Dress Code: Please remind students about proper dress now that short dresses, tank tops and shorts are the preferred daily attire. K-4 staff, you can remind them about those examples which apply~ highlighted portion really needs to be stressed.
- PTO has Box Top collection boxes @ Mackenthuns and Frandsen Bank
- 7th & 8th grade Students will be staying in the Link Wednesday mornings until 7:55 because the meetings that happen at that time.
- Reminder to 7th & 8th Grade Students: Backpacks ARE NOT to be brought to 7th hour classes. Teachers, any student bringing a backpack to your class will need to return it to their locker and an email sent to Mrs. Holicky or Mrs. Dwyer.
- All Students:
- Please remember that at arrival & dismissal the expectations are that everyone walks & uses the sidewalk. Thank you to those students who have been exhibiting these expectations daily. We need ALL students to walk & use the sidewalks.
- Please remember to put the soft seating pieces back in the link after using them! Thank you- Custodial Staff
- The Gym and Link areas have been very messy in the mornings, there is to be NO food or drink in those areas before school!
LUNCH MENU: (K-8)
Thursday – Toasted cheese sandwich or Breaded chicken patty; Homemade soup, chocolate chip cookie
- May 25th - 3rd grade field trip to Target Field
- May 25th – Student Council Field Trip to Pagliai's for lunch. Then we will be going to the WOW Zone for laser tag, bowling, and golf.
- May 26th- Como Zoo- Kindergarten
- May 26th - 4th grade field trip
- May 29th – No School – Memorial Day
- May 31 - 5th & 6th grade is going to Memorial park
- June 1st - Final day celebration