Tri-City United School District is working closely with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Local Public Health to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our students and staff.
Students and staff must complete a Health Screening before entering the school building. If they are unable to attend due to the symptoms listed on the health screening we ask for them to notify the building nurse/health office for further guidance. We will follow the MDH Decision Tree for People with COVID-19 Symptoms in Youth, Student, and Child Care Programs for excluding students and staff from school when they have symptoms.
How To Reduce the Risk of Spreading or Getting Sick with COVID-19 :
- Stay home when you are sick. Complete the Health Screening to make sure you are healthy enough to attend school each day you attend in person.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Practice Social Distancing <-----6 feet apart------>
- Wear your mask
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol. Handwashing Video (MDH)
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Some examples of frequently touched items include: electronic devices (tablets, cell phones, gaming stations), light switches, door knobs, remote controls and work stations (telephones, table tops, keyboards/mouse). Cleaning and disinfecting your home
For more information on COVID-19 please use the following links:
What to do if you have had close contact with a person with COVID-19 (MDH)
What to do if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results (MDH)
Masking 101 Video (MDH)
COVID-19 Symptoms Video (MDH)
COVID-19 Symptoms Video-Spanish (MDH)